Your father-in-law may not have given you the best of treatments on your first meeting but, he sure agreed to you marrying his daughter hence, the title son-in-law and father-in-law.
Having said that, it won’t be weird to say that you and your father-in-law encounter some misunderstanding or confrontation once in a while. You can always make everything right with him by sending him one of these beautiful heartfelt apology messages.
Heartfelt Apology MessagesTo Your Father-in-law/Dad-in-law
1. To the world’s best father-in-law, I want to say that I am very sorry for disappointing you the way I did. I should have been more careful with my choice of words. Please accept my apologies.
2. You are the father I never had. I am pleased that you consider me worthy to be your son. A son has hurt his Dad and he is deeply sorry. Please forgive me, Dad.
3. I’ve got tears in my eyes right now knowing that I disrespected you the way I did before your daughter and other family members. Please find it in your heart to forgive me.
4. If I lose you then I’ve lost not just a father but a friend and counselor. I do not want to lose your trust. I am sorry for bringing pain to your beautiful heart.
5. I not only have a father in you but a friend. I am deeply sorry for disappointing your father-in-law. Please take my calls.
6. I know you think that I have always been on my best behavior but, I want to use this media to say that I am sorry if I have unconsciously said or done anything to hurt you within the past few days. I love you.
7. The world would have been a much better place if every man had a father-in-law that is as great, unique, caring, loving, and selfless as you. Forgive me for being rude to you the other day.
8. I have made you an unhappy man to treat your daughter so badly. I know saying sorry isn’t enough, please forgive me and accept my sincere apology. I plead for another chance. I promise to make you proud this time.
9. It is with a heavy heart that I write to you. You’ve shown me that family goes beyond blood relations. You welcomed me to your home with open arms, and what did I do? I not only disappointed you but broke your trust. I am truly sorry Mr—(name). I beg for your forgiveness.
10. Long-lasting Relationships are based on trust, and I have succeeded in ruining this beautiful relationship that we share because of my immoral behavior. I am deeply sorry.
11. I am sorry for going out on you like I did earlier today. I sincerely failed to see your good intentions.
12. You have successfully built your home for the past 30 years. I am sorry for trying to teach you how to run your home using those degrading words.
13. I thought I knew what it means to be a man, not until I met you. You have opened my eyes to the truth about life, and I have learned so much from you. I hope to be half the man you are before I leave this world. I am sorry for hurting your feelings, Dad-in-law.
More I am Sorry Messages For Father-in-law
14. You have given me one of your most priceless possession, your beautiful daughter and I am very grateful for that. I am sorry if I haven’t been living up to your expectations.
15. It is the only tradition to have one father but you have broken traditions and cultures to be a father to me. I am sorry for hurting you, father.
16. The joy of every father is to see his children enjoy life to the fullest and be happy. I am sorry for inflicting pain on your daughter and by extension, ruining your source of joy. I am very sorry Mr (name).
17. I’ll give anything to have a father-in-law like you in my next life. I am sorry for hurting you.
18. You go out of your way to make me happy even though I’m not your biological son. I am sorry for not bringing you the much happiness that you deserve.
19. I am sorry for not checking up on you as often as I should. How are you doing? Hope fine.
20. I just want to say you’ve been an amazing father-in-law to me. I’m sorry I haven’t visited in a while. I hope to come to visit this weekend.
21. I’m sorry but I won’t be making it to this year’s Thanksgiving because of the tight schedule at my workplace. Please Give everyone my greetings.
22. I’m sorry father-in-law, but I won’t be able to come through this time for you because I am not doing so well financially.
23. I sincerely apologize for leaving the way I did during today’s Thanksgiving. I had to clear my head.
Apology Quotes to Dad-in-law/Father
24. “I apologize from the depth of my heart for instigating my siblings against you, Dad. Please forgive me if you can.” – Unknown
25. “Dear Dad, I never meant to tarnish the beautiful colors you added to the shades of my life. I am sorry, Dad.” – Unknown
26. “My Dad always told me ‘Flowers mean I’m sorry, chocolate means I love you.” – Lauren Conrad
27. “Sorry Daddy I couldn’t keep my world. But you know that you are my world.” – Muskan
28. “Sorry Dad I want to be the reason for your smile…I am trying…and One day I’ll reach my goal. Just be with me. You are my strength and I can’t do anything without you…This is my final attempt and I am sure I’ll do it.” – Ammyholic
29. “For all the wrong I’ve done you I only can say I’m sorry Father.” – Unknown
30. “A sincere apology is the superglue of life. it can repair just about anything.” – Lynn Johnston
31. “My Apology. I’m sorry for hurting you. I never meant to hurt you in any way. It was childish of me to do that to you. I don’t expect you to forgive me. I just wanted you to know that I am sorry.” – Wishlovequotes
32. “Saying ‘I’m sorry is saying I love you with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
33. “An apology is also an admission of guilt.” – Eula Biss