“My dream is of a place and a time time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
July 4th is the official day America celebrates her Birthday. On this day, in the year 1776 America was birthed as a nation. It’s a day Americans hold in high esteem and a national holiday is declared to better celebrate and remember fallen heroes and she-roes who fought to make this day possible in the American history. Their sacrifices are very much remembered on America Independence Day.
This day will be complete when we remind ourselves with some quotes by our favorite leaders (both past and present), and why the freedom they achieved for us should always be celebrated.
Happy Independence Day America
Here are a some catalogue of quotes that celebrates America’s Independence Day.
1. “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illumination from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
2. “The fact is, with every friendship you make and every bond of trust you establish, you are shaping the image of America projected to the rest of the world.” – Michelle Obama
3. “You cannot separate peace and freedom. Because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” – Malcolm X
4. “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.” – President Bill Clinton
6. “Laughter is America’s most important export.” – Walt Disney
7. “America is full of success stories featuring victories by the underdog.” – Mike Gallagher
8. “No other date on the calendar more potently symbolizes all that out nation stands for than the Fourth of July.” – Mac Thornberry
9. “In America, change is possible. It’s in our hands. Together, I know we’ll get there. Look how far we’ve already come.” – Barack Obama
10. “What brings us together as Americans is so much stronger than anything that can year us apart.” – Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
11. “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or I’ll, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.” – President John F. Kennedy
12. “The essence of America, that which really unites us, is not ethnicity or nationality, or religion. It is an idea, and what an idea it is – that you can come from humble circumstances and do great things. That it doesn’t matter where you came from, but where you are going.” – Condoleezza Rice
13. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
14. “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.” – Marquis de Lafayette
15. “For to be free is not merely to cast off Ones chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
16. “One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation forevermore.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
17. “With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “Freedom is never granted. It is earned by each generation” – Hillary Clinton
19. “Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all.” – George Washington
20. “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
Patriotic Independence Day Quotes and Captions
Patriotic citizens are mostly the one who make things happen in the nation. Here are some inspirational Patriotic Independence Day Quotes and Captions you can use as we celebrate freedom, liberty, peace, and Independence on this 4th of July.
21. “We can’t all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots.” – Writer Charles F. Brown
22. “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
23. “From every mountainside let freedom ring.” – Martin Luther King Jnr.
24. “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – Harry S. Truman
25. “True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” – Clarence Darrow
26. “The American by nature is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
27. “In recognizing the humanity of our fellow human beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.” – Thurgood Marshall
28. “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” – William Faulkner
29. “I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” – Adlai Stevenson II
30. “Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.” – Calvin Coolidge
31. “Give me liberty or give me death.” – Patrick Henry
32. “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
33. “To oppose corruption in government is the highest obligation of patriotism.” – G. Edward Griffin
34. “In every human breast God has implanted a principle, which we call love of freedom, it is impatient of oppression and pants for deliverance.” – Phillis Wheatley
35. “Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.” – James Bryce
36.”So, let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look over not only ourselves, but each other.” – Barack Obama
America Independence Day Quotes From Celebrities and Poets
An American essayist, lecturer, philosopher, abolitionist and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson asserts, “America means opportunity, freedom, power.”
See more quotes from your favorite celebrities and poets.
37. “Dreams are the foundation of America.” – Lupita Nyong’o
38. “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
39. “America is a tune. It must be song together.” – Gerald Stanley Lee
40. “I think patriotism is like charity – It begins at home.” Henry James
41. “How important it is to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes.” – Maya Angelou
42. “We are called the nation of inventors. And we are. We could still claim that title and wear its loftiest honors if we had stopped with the first thing we ever invested, which was human liberty.” – Mark Twain
43. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” – Kahlil Gibran
44. “I don’t believe in the constitution because I’m American. I’m American because I believe in the constitution.” – J. S. B. Morse
45. “The fact is: It’s true what they say about the United States. It is a land of opportunity. It is too various to get bored with it.” – Christopher Hitchens
46. “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
47. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
48. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
Funny 4th Of July Quotes
Add even more fun to your 4th of July Celebration with these Funny Quotes.
49. “Some people enjoy a day off on the 4th of July. But not fire. Fire works on the 4th of July.”
50. “Just wanted to tell you that fireworks looks so much better when you’re focusing on than your phone. Happy Birthday America”
51. “Gentle, you can’t fight in here. This is the war room.” – President Merkin Muffley
52. “Happy National, ‘Hear fireworks all day and night being set off by drunk people you wouldn’t trust with a glow stick,’ Day.”
53. “Let’s proudly wave our American flag made in China.”